Confidentiality and Protecting Your Privacy
Posting your CV on a public job board can be hazardous as you never know who will see it. Our website is not a public job board. It’s a secure database accessible only to our consultants who understand the importance of privacy when making a career move.
We will safeguard your confidentiality throughout the placement process and your details will not be sent to any prospective client without your permission and nor will we contact any previous or current employer for references without your express permission.
What this policy covers.
This Data Protection Policy governs our processing of all personal data provided to us via the ARC-UK.NET website. You are asked to please read it carefully.
If you do not agree to our processing of your data in the manner outlined below, please do not submit any personal data to us.
Who is the controller of the data that you provide to us?
Automotive Recruitment Consultants and its operating affiliates are registered as data controllers in the United Kingdom for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. We ensure that the data you supply to us is processed fairly and lawfully, and with skill and care and used only for the purposes set out in this policy.
What information will we collect? How will we use it?
We will collect data about you, both personal data (such as your name and contact details) and also sensitive personal data (such as information in your CV). The personal data and sensitive personal data will be stored, processed, used and disclosed by us in the following ways:
• to provide our recruitment services to you and to facilitate the recruitment process;
• to assess data about you against vacancies which we judge may be suitable for you;
• to send your information to clients in order to apply for jobs or to assess your eligibility for jobs;
• to enable you to submit your CV or apply online for jobs;
• to market our, full range of recruitment services to you ;
• to enable us to develop and market other products and services and to improve our customer service and to make our services more valuable to you;
• to send you information which we think might be of interest to you;
• to answer your questions and enquiries;
• to regulatory or law enforcement agencies if we believe in good faith that we are required by law to disclose it in connection with the detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties, in order to comply with any applicable law or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or in connection with legal proceedings.
From time to time we may seek your consent to process, use or disclose your information for any other purpose not listed above.
Where will my information be held? Where will it be accessible from?
The personal information that you provide to us (including sensitive personal information) will only be accessible Automotive Recruitment via our secure online database.
How do I find out what information you hold? Can I amend, modify or require my information to be deleted? Can I unsubscribe to your services?
You may request us to confirm what information we hold about you at any time and may request us to modify, update or delete such information. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. We also have the right to charge an administrative fee for this service. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and will give you reasons for doing so. We will seek to act on your request in the timescale required by applicable data protection laws.
How long will you hold my information for?
We are required by law to hold your information for as long as is necessary to comply with our statutory and contractual obligations and in accordance with our legitimate interests as a data controller.
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that your Personal Data is maintained and up to date. However, you are under a duty to inform us of any and all changes to your Personal Data to ensure that it is up to date and we will update or delete your Personal Data accordingly.
Sending us information over the internet
Your information is held on servers hosted by us or our Internet Services Provider. The nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the internet.
A cookie is a small data file which is sent from a web server to a web browser when that browser visits the server’s site.
Cookies are used on our website to remember your visit to track web traffic on an aggregate basis (i.e. no individuals are identified). Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. However, switching off cookies may restrict your use of our website.
Links to other websites